Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Training

Training for the half marathon has honestly been easier than I thought it would be. I have been running 16-20 miles per weekend which I never thought I could do before I set this goal. I'm pretty excited to get this thing underway on Sunday, that's for sure!!

I got a deep tissue massage yesterday and I can attest to this more than anyone I know, but tight muscles are the cause of a lot of my prolonged injuries. I never get "injured". No ACL tears, or broken bones but I do suffer a lot of sore muscles, sore knees, and sore back. The pressure often comes from the pattens I have in my life. A lot of the same things happen with everyone else. Now, instead of going to the doctor for a sports related injury or a sore kind of pain, I head to my masseuse. Every problem with built up pressure I have had, has been cured after a couple sessions, or even just one, with him. I recommend it to anyone. The trick is getting a good masseuse.

Anyway, countdown is to 5 days and after taking yesterday off I am looking forward to getting back after it tomorrow for 3 more hard training days before more rest. WOO HOO!

1 comment:

  1. The rumor is Crossfit training should be sufficient training to get out and run a half marathon!! I've been thinking about it for awhile now, one day!

    ReplyDelete