Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Goals

My goals have made a dramatic shift since last year. I was very one tracked last year pursuing golf and all things golf. To make a sport a profession and a way of life I felt that was the only way I could make it work. I quickly found that that is not the way to go about it. I needed to be a well rounded person otherwise I could not perform at my best. Anyway, I have reevaluated my goals.

1. To run a marathon. Yepp, I said it. It is something that is going to be very challenging. I can't wait to get on this journey. I have ran a half-marathon without training which was easier than I thought but with training I want to work up to 26.2 miles. Wow. My job right now prevents me from running after work, which stinks, so I can't wait for the days to get longer so I can get in a quick run in the evenings.



2. Save more money. I have a bad habit of spending money. I like to go shopping. I'm not even one who drops a lot of cabbage on one expensive thing, I just shop frequently. Anyway, sometimes it's justified and sometimes I need to just be without.



3. Tithe a larger percent of my income. This was introduced as a challenge at my church and I am ready to take it on. I usually give here and there but I want to be more intentional about giving my money to the church. I completely trust Flatirons to use the money to directly help people in need and that plays a large part in why I hadn't given before.



4. Read more books. I love movies. I watch them daily. I feel like I hardly have a good cinematic education so the need to continually feed this has almost become a habit. However, I want to try to break that habit and read more. I absolutely love reading but I just get lazy and want to watch something at the end of the day. This will change.



5. Revel in the silence. I am a person that loves to be busy. However, I have found when I have done yoga or had a massage my mind is busy loving the silence and it almost recalibrates my body to function better. I want to respect the quietness during the day, and not become restless because of the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment