Monday, February 21, 2011

Pleroma

This idea was first inspired by my first tattoo. I was going to get a tattoo, but then I got a piercing instead. I am such a chicken! The idea of something being permanent on your body kinda tweaks me a little. Anyway, my junior year of college I was serious about getting a tat. I had been writing this word on my wrist where I wanted it, for about a month before going to the tattoo parlor and chickening out. I think I discovered this word reading Our Daily Bread. I used to do the morning devotionals everyday, which was awesome by the way, and pleroma was a word in one of them so I did some research. Anyway, like I said, I never got the tattoo but the word has always stuck with me. Pleroma was significant to me mainly because of a recent break up. I was left utterly devastated in Memphis and it was one of those moments you think you can't go on anymore but God picks you up in His loving hand and you are convinced you can do anything. It was an incredible experience. I discovered some revelations about my faith and my strength that I never knew I had. The idea that God can really hold you and touch your life so profoundly was the essence of this season of my life for me and I found this word really held me up. No matter what goes on in life, or what you think you need, you are FULL in God. Our father provides a fullness that can not be topped off anywhere else. That truth will forever ring in my ears and stay close to my heart.

So I guess if I were to get a tattoo, I would still get this word that has helped me through times of complete sadness and times of intense joy.

Now you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment